Safety Requirement: Safety is a core value at Alpine Lumber. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement for every position. Each Employee/Owner is also expected to be committed to the safety of themselves, fellow Employee/Owners, and our customers and follow-though with the commitment in everyday operations.
Position Summary: Design roof and floor trusses using MiTek software ensuring designs are accurately input based on customer plans, optimized & conform to code and company standards.
- Assist new and existing customers in developing truss & floor designs from blueprints and drawings.
- Assist with customers coming in or phoning in to Alpine, performing sales related duties.
- Provide quotes to customers.
- Conducts site visits as needed to meet with customers to ensure proper ordering or for problem resolution.
- Works closely with and in cooperation with sales and management personnel to coordinate deliveries of floors and trusses.
- Create and maintain long-term profitable sales relationships.
- Assist with inventory functions and all other duties as required by management.
- Reading and interpreting architectural and structural drawings / blueprints.
- Input on roof & floor truss placement layouts generating truss placement layouts for final construction.
- Compute and enter truss and hardware quantities into Falcon, generating & providing accurate pricing for estimating purposes.
- General knowledge of construction industry, specifically floor and truss design process
- Ability to accurately tabulate loads and load transfer through a building
- Good written and verbal communication skills, good math skills, good interpersonal skills
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in using CAD based programs or
- 2+ years’ experience in using MiTek software
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- Infrequent lifting, pushing, pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to weather elements including outside conditions at times.
- Sitting, standing in office environment with long-term computer exposure daily.
- Willingness to work till the job is done.