The Receiving Clerk performs clerical and physical tasks in connection with receiving incoming shipments. The Receiving Clerk must follow previously established guidelines when performing these routine tasks. In handling unusual problems, the Receiving Clerk receives specific guidance from their immediate supervisor or other designated personnel.
- Perform shipping and receiving duties.
- Support the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies.
- Must report defective materials or questionable conditions to management.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Ensures all documentation is in order and entered into the appropriate tracking mechanism.
- Assist employees with the safe retrieval and handling of received goods, materials and other items
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Minimum of a high school education
- Warehouse related experience in receiving helpful.
- Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- Repeatedly lift and/or move materials in excess of 50 lbs.
- Standing, sitting, bending, climbing, reach and move about the facility
- Able to work in all climates
- Work schedule generally consists of 40+ hours per week, which may include overtime, and/or weekends..
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time regularly.