Safety Requirement: Safety is a core value at Alpine Lumber. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement for every position. Each Employee/Owner is also expected to be committed to the safety of themselves, fellow team members, and our customers and follow-though with the commitment in everyday operations.
Position Summary: Maintains the safe, efficient day-to-day scheduling of deliveries and orders being built and staged. Manages the assurance of maintenance and upkeep of facilities, equipment, property and inventory.
- Supervises yard personnel including scheduling orders for delivery, assigning operators; overseeing assembly of orders.
- Supervises drivers and operators by scheduling deliveries and returns.
- Ensures DOT and OSHA safety requirement are met and records maintained.
- Invoices materials that leave the facility & tracks backorders for future delivery.
- Provides back-up support for drivers, operators, laborers and sales.
- Forecast and plan for ordering materials from Reload.
- All other duties as assigned by Management.
- S. diploma, college degree preferred
- Valid State Driver’s License & Clean MVR.
- 1-2 years of Operator / Yard experience preferred.
- Excellent communication / verbal and written skills.
- Better than Average Math Skills.
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving.
- Competent with Computers, Phones, Software, Office Equipment.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- Combination office and outdoor environments often in harsh climate environment.
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift / move 50 lbs. as necessary.
- Work effectively in office, manufacturing and / or outdoor environments.