Safety Requirement: Safety is a core value at Alpine Lumber. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement for every position. Each Employee/Owner is also expected to be committed to the safety of themselves, fellow Employee/Owners, and our customers and follow-through with the commitment in everyday operations.
Position Summary: Responsible to provide safe, accurate, and orderly assembly of customer orders and effectively building customer packs. Working safely and effectively with all equipment and tools utilized in the job area.
- Safely and accurately calculate, build/assemble, and stage customer orders to prepare them for delivery, inner-yard transfer, or customer pick-up.
- Load material for delivery onto trucks.
- Unload, document, and stock incoming materials from vendors.
- Neatly maintain storage areas, entry/exit points and yard areas.
- Provide exceptional customer service and assist customers as they enter the yard for material pick-ups or returns.
- Maintain daily equipment logs and maintenance, notify supervisor of deficiencies.
- Any other job duties as assigned by Management.
- S. Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Previous Forklift experience desired.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Strong aptitude for math.
- Ability to operate chain saws, table saws, banding equip.
- Effectively manage time and workload and work well in team environment.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- Repeatedly lift and/or move materials in excess of 50 lbs.
- Standing, sitting, bending, climbing.
- Able to work in all climates, primarily working outdoors.
- Ability to operate a Forklift.
- Able to be on your feet for up to 8 hours a day.