Safety Requirement: Safety is a core value at Alpine Lumber. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement for every position. Each Employee/Owner is also expected to be committed to the safety of themselves, fellow team members, and our customers and follow-through with the commitment in everyday operations.
Position Summary: Responsible to provide safe, accurate, and orderly assembly of customer orders and for effectively building customer packs. Working safely and effectively with all equipment and tools utilized in the job area.
- Safely and accurately calculate, build/assemble, and stage customer orders to prepare them for delivery, inner-yard transfer, or customer pick-up.
- Load material for delivery onto trucks.
- Unload, document, and stock incoming materials from vendors.
- Neatly maintain storage areas, entry/exit points and yard areas.
- Provide exceptional customer service and assist customers as they enter the yard for material pick-ups or returns.
- Maintain daily equipment logs and maintenance, notify supervisor of deficiencies.
- Any other job duties as assigned by Manager.
- S. Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Previous Forklift experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to operate chain saws, table saws, banding equip.
- Effectively manage time and workload and work well in team environment.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- Repeatedly lift and/or move materials in excess of 50 lbs.
- Standing, sitting, bending, climbing.
- Able to work in all climates, primarily working outdoors.
- Ability to operate a Forklift.
- Able to be on your feet for up to 8 hours a day.