Safety Requirement: Safety is a core value at Alpine Lumber. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement for every position. Each Employee/Owner is also expected to be committed to the safety of themselves, fellow Employee/Owners, and our customers and follow-through with the commitment in everyday operations.
Position Summary: The Design Technician will use design tools and software applications to provide a variety of technical services that support the design and specification of Engineered Wood Products. They will produce comprehensive framing layouts for floors and roof systems using proprietary software. In addition they could provide design consultation to builders, general contractors, building inspectors, architects and engineers, sales associates and owners in an effort to provide innovative solutions to their framing challenges.
- Create and maintain long-term profitable sales relationships
- Conducts site visits as needed to meet with customers to ensure proper installation and or problem solving
- Assist new and existing customers in developing I-Joist floor and roof designs from blueprints
- Work closely with and in cooperation with sales and management personnel to coordinate delivery of I-Joist floor and roof systems
- Assist with inventory functions and all other duties as required by management
- S. Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Strong aptitude for math.
- Effectively manage time and workload and work well in team environment.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- Ability and willingness to work all shifts, weekends and overtime.
- Office work environment able to sit and stand for 8+ hours a day.
- Office environment, ability to work with computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.