Safety Requirement: Safety is a core value at Alpine Lumber. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement for every position. Each Employee/Owner is also expected to be committed to the safety of themselves, fellow Employee/Owners, and our customers and follow-though with the commitment in everyday operations.
Position Summary: This position will accurately estimate a customer’s project to determine all products needed for completion and design the roof and floor trusses, using MiTek software, to ensure the designs are accurately portrayed based from customer plans and quality.
- Assist new and existing customers in developing truss & floor designs from blueprints and drawings.
- Must be able to identify specialty products and specific call-outs on prints, display competency in talking to architects/ engineers/ contractors in relation to structural designs, and articulate/ support your takeoff and vision of the plan.
- Assist with customers coming in or phoning in to Alpine, performing sales related duties.
- Ability to utilize charts, graphs, equations, estimating and/or design software.
- There will be some commercial estimating requirements as well to support overflow of existing staff.
- Conducts site visits as needed to meet with customers to ensure proper ordering or for problem resolution.
- Works closely with and in cooperation with sales and management personnel to coordinate deliveries of floors and trusses.
- Create and maintain long-term profitable sales relationships.
- Prepares construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Assist with inventory functions and all other duties as required by management.
- Reading and interpreting architectural and structural drawings / blueprints.
- Input on roof & floor truss placement layouts generating truss placement layouts for final construction.
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Compute and enter truss and hardware quantities into Falcon, generating & providing accurate pricing for estimating purposes.
- General knowledge of construction industry, specifically floor and truss design process.
- Ability to accurately tabulate loads and load transfer through a building.
- Basic/Advanced computer Microsoft office skills preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, good math skills, good interpersonal skills.
- Associates Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience with Professional
- 2+ years’ experience in using CAD based programs preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in using MiTek software preferred.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- Infrequent lifting, pushing, pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Office environment, ability to work with computer for extended periods of time.
- Sitting, standing in office environment with long-term computer exposure daily
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.