Safety Requirement: Safety is a core value at Alpine Lumber. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement for every position. Each Employee/Owner is also expected to be committed to the safety of themselves, fellow team members, and our customers and follow-through with the commitment in everyday operations.
Position Summary: The estimator accurately determines products needed to construct a jobsite using extensive knowledge of construction methods.
- Must be able to identify specialty products and specific call-outs on prints, display competency in talking to architects/ engineers/ contractors in relation to structural designs, and articulate/ support your takeoff and vision of the plan.
- May utilize charts, graphs, equations, estimating and/or design software.
- There will be some commercial estimating requirements as well to support overflow of existing staff.
- Prepares construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Abide by all safety regulations at job sites.
- Any other job duties as assigned by Manager.
- S. Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 2 Years of relative experience.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Must have full knowledge of reading residential blueprints, performing accurate material takeoffs (lumber, hardware, doors/millwork, windows, steel etc.).
- Basic Computer and Math Skills.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- Office environment, ability to work with computer for extended periods of time.
- 40% of time may be spent on job sites in an outdoor sometimes harsh environment.
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.