Safety Requirement: Safety is a core value at Alpine Lumber. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement for every position. Each Employee/Owner is also expected to be committed to the safety of themselves, fellow team members, and our customers and follow-though with the commitment in everyday operations.
Position Summary: The Credit Assistant is responsible for processing new credit applications, collection of assigned accounts receivables, customer account maintenance, and other general administrative duties.
- Ensures the timely processing of customer credit applications
- Daily customer account maintenance, salesman changes
- Collections on assigned accounts receivables
- Demonstrates an aptitude for managing and sustaining client relationships.
- Resolves credit issues with customers.
- Account reconciliation
- Lien documentation
- Provides skillful communication with A/R Dept., Sales Team, Managers, and Customers.
- Enforces credit policy and assures adherence to acceptable standards.
- Maintains relationship with credit reporting and collection agencies.
- Other duties as assigned by Credit Manager.
- S. Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Basic Computer and Math Skills.
- Great Communication skills.
- Accounting, Collections and Customer Service experience preferred.
- Sales Tax Knowledge preferred.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- Office environment; ability to work with computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.