Safety Requirement: Safety is a core value at Alpine Lumber. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement for every position. Each Employee/Owner is also expected to be committed to the safety of themselves, fellow team members, and our customers and follow-through with the commitment in everyday operations.
Position Summary: The Counter Sales Representative is responsible for greeting customers both in person and on the phone; taking orders, running the cash register, answering questions related to building materials, keeping the sales area neat, stocking shelves, store inventory management and providing excellent customer service.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Exceptional customer service is a must. This position is often the first point of contact with customers.
- Handle all customer interactions with a cheerful, helpful, and can-do attitude.
- Answer customer questions about building materials.
- Take customer orders and enter into computer system.
- Maintain store inventory and follow ordering protocol when needed.
- Responsible for cash drawer management.
- Maintain a clean, orderly work area around the counter and throughout the store.
- Any other necessary duties as needed by Management.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good Math Skills.
- Excellent Communication skills
- 2 years customer service experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Construction experience preferred
- Building material knowledge preferred
- Bi-lingual verbal communication helpful
Physical & Environmental Demands:
- Ability to lift, push, and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for a majority of the sit.
- Ability to communicate in person and over the phone constantly.
- Primarily an indoor retail environment with occasional exposure to the outdoors.