Alpine Lumber Farmington, NM is looking for CDL Drivers. Great Company, Great Benefits, and you're Home Every Night.
This is a labor intensive position! Must be able to lift, carry, load/unload excess of 50 lbs.
Must have Valid Class A CDL License, be able to pass a background & drug screen, and able to drive to various locations in all weather conditions.
Safety Requirement: Safety is a core value at Alpine Lumber. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement for every position. Each Employee/Owner is also expected to be committed to the safety of themselves, fellow Employee/Owners, and our customers and follow-through with the commitment in everyday operations.
Position Summary: Operate a Company vehicle in a safe, accurate, and on-time delivery of building materials to customers on job-sites. Operate vehicle in compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws and regulations. All drivers must deliver materials with exceptional customer service and build/maintain relationships with contractors and their crews.
- Know, understand, and abide by all Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
- Maintain vehicle in compliance with Company and Government regulations.
- Safely secure and care for materials on truck with manual tie-down system, following all Company procedures.
- Maintain positive customer relations on jobsites.
- Follow jobsite safety rules.
- Assist with lumberyard operations as necessary and all other work related jobs as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain the Company vehicle's emergency equipment, logs, inspections, and cleanliness.
- Able to Read, Write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Maneuver self and/or materials on and off the truck in a safe manner.
- Drive a manual transmission.
- All other job-related activities requested by Supervisor.
- 1+ Years of CDL Driving experience preferred.
- S. Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Valid State CDL Class A License.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record/DOT Record.
- Basic Computer and Math Skills.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to lift and move weights of 70+ lbs., unloading material repeatedly.
- Ability to Drive and work in all climates.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb in and out of truck and on and off of forklift.