Position Summary :
The Truss Builder working under direct supervision performs one or more repetitive jobs on an assembly or sub-assembly line to produce building material components or mill-work products in a safe and efficient manner while striving to produce to expected levels.
- Assembles product with hand tools, helps setup on table, and separates material at workstation.
- Places proper material into setup specified on cut sheet layout.
- Using assigned press stations, place and press plates on appropriate lumber by job.
- Follow production list by priority given by Assembler Lead to accomplish shift goals.
- Ensure that entire order is built as documented and no parts are missing.
- Verify that the saw shop provides the correct material per job/batch
- Comply with all safety rules within the shop area and yard, including wearing proper PPE.
- Ensure the quality of the roof and floor trusses by strictly enforcing the rules of operation for all machines and processes.
- Maintain machine cleanup procedures and daily cleanup in area without exception
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and maintain a positive company image.
- Any other necessary tasks as assigned by Management.
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to read and build from drawings/instructions.
- Ability to operate chop saws, table saws, banding equip.
- Effectively manage time and workload and work well in team environment
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- The majority of time will be spent standing or walking.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- The associate may need to reach above shoulder heights or below waist and lift as required to move, stock, retrieve or store items or product throughout the workday with the ability to move lumber.
- Some time is spent in warehouses or in the yard that would have the potential of being exposed to outdoor elements, uneven walking surfaces, stairs and varying temperatures and weather conditions.
- Repeatedly lift and/or move materials in excess of 50 lbs.
(Overtime currently available)